This, and last week, were quite significant for me.
My parents are moving to a new gated community along with my two older brothers. What is significant; I guess not just for me, is that our parents have been living in this house since 1984, when it was renovated, and since 1975 on that same plot of land.
Yes, a lot of memories surrounding this house.
- I learned how to cycle there
- I chilled at the kitchen’s breakfast counter watching the A-Team/Airwolf when mum was teaching yoga upstairs
- The same breakfast counter I had cereals before school
- The same house where our beloved Alsation grew up and grew old and died
- All the kids had their wedding ceremonies there
- All the Chinese new years
- Nieces and nephews’ first steps
- I had a birthday party there where my high school crush came
- It was home when I returned for holidays whilst studying in Australia
- It was home.
I was there last weekend helping pack my accumulated junk since teenage years. Caitlin came along too; Caleb didn’t because of the impending mess that comes with moving. Naturally she questioned EVERYTHING she saw. She saw the birthday cards from high school girl-friends. She saw some of my obsolete computer hardware. She saw some of my cassettes of 80’s pop music (to avoid embarrassment I wont cite who they were!)
Today I wasn’t there for the “official” move (according to the Chinese lunar calendar today is a good day). But this weekend will likely be the last time i get to set foot in that house when the trucks ferry off the last remaining personal items.
I took this shot of Caitlin helping remove and sort out some really old photos from a 50+ years old album, of my parents’ dating days, and also baby pics of my older siblings!
I gotta check the old camera again; I actually think Caitlin took this shot!
Following up on the attitude of this last post…..
Whatcha lookin at?
I said: WHATCHA LOOKIN AT?
You talkin’ to me?
Heh heh! Yes you are!
This is why I wanna take up photography..
To document their growth…
To make an album, or two, or three…
To be able to look back and remember when they were so tiny, so innocent, so adorable…
For they grow so fast…
Sharing some still shots from the videos taken…
Teeth, anytime now!
And no- that’s not a caterpillar crawling out of his head!
Snapped just before that drop left his chin!
Daddee with his no-chin (as opposed to double-chin) Heh….
Recently I had a writer’s block.
My kind readers shared some ideas to overcome this. This post is one of the suggested topics- Thanks Hissychick for this (whom had also done one)!
Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
Using only the first page, pick an image.
Copy and paste your chosen URLs into the Mosaic Maker and make a lovely mosaic to put on your blog or flickr.
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favorite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. What you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One Word to describe you.
12. Your flickr name.
So here’s mine
Here are the links to the respective pics above.
1. John W Low, 2. 3 Types of Pasta, 3. Elevated road, 4. midnight blue, 5. Jessica Alba, 6. ?? Latte Art, 7. at the beach, 8. tiramisu, 9. Toronto Plastic Surgery, 10. Passion, 11. Adam is Mediocre, 12. JLow-is-the-way-to-go
So now you know a little bit more about me!
By the way, FYI for Mac users, I have found a handy jpeg editing tool for use on my blog. Thumbscrew is a drag-drop app that will automatically create a thumbnail of the original pic, resize your original jpegs into desired dimensions, as well as add a border of any size, and give it a tilt, like above.
… And, you gotta love freebies!